2009-09-30

Remember me?

Or maybe I should begin with: Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa... (blush). Well, I've been gone... gardening :) what else.
You know how it is - there are so many things to do in the garden, so many other people's gardens to visit, places to see... and before you know, it's THAT time of the year again. My heart quakes at the thought...

But during the summer I have amassed quite a collection of plant pictures and stories of some interesting and worthwhile plant collections, so stay tuned, I will be back very soon to share them with you :)
Here is an English rose 'Charlotte' with an unnamed purple (or maybe magenta???) aster. You see, I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to the plant names - I like to know what exactly I am growing. But sometimes I do make an exception... and this particular aster is one of these. It is a very good, fairly healthy, compact aster, which injects some terrific colour into the flower borders. And it associates equally well with roses, and with ornamental grasses... so this one is definitely a keeper...

There is also an unnamed rudbeckia (for a long time I thought it is a 'Goldsturm', but now I know that it's not, since I have acquired the real McCoy in a meantime)... And, of course, my number 1 plant among shrubs - Sambucus 'Black Lace', of which I can't have enough....

7 komentarai:

Kristė rašė...

oho, koks netikėtas sugrįžimas! ;-)

Rasa rašė...

Tikiuosi, kad maloniai netikėtas, o ne 'koks siaubas, ji vėl čia' netikėtas :))))
Neatsikratysite manęs taip jau lengvai ;-)

Hocking Hills Gardener rašė...

What a pretty color combination.Looking forward to seeing all those pictures.

Rasa rašė...

Hello, Hocking Hills Gardener, and thanks for your kind compliment.

Rasa

azplantlady rašė...

What beautiful roses! Thank you for sharing!

Pilland rašė...

Your colourful flowers really help us to feel to be in a never ending springtime!
Besides, I wanted to inform You that Your site is linked from http://pillandia.blogspot.com
http://cavriana1.blogspot.com
and
http://pillandvetrina.blogspot.com
Best wishes from Italy!

Rasa rašė...

Dear Pilland, thanks for stopping by :) Unfortunately, the weather here at the moment does not even remotely remind of spring :( it is wet, cold and windy, and I am seriously envious of the weather you are blessed with in Italy.

Dear Noelle, thanks for your comments :) please come and visit my blog every now an then, I have plenty of those rose pictures in store :)

Best regards, Rasa